This is the website of the Council of the Directors and Presidents of the research institutions in Greece. The Council includes all Directors and Presidents, or the legally authorized representatives, of the Research Centers and Technological institutions which are supervised by the Ministry of Development and Investment, and the General Secretariat for Research and Innovation (GSRI).
Specifically, the members of the Council are the Directors / Presidents of: the Athena Research Centre, the National Observatory of Athens (NOA), the National Hellenic Research Foundation (NHRF), the Centre for Research and Technology - Hellas (CERTH), National Centre for Scientific Research "Demokritos" (NCSR "Demokritos"), the National Centre for Social Research (NCSR), the Hellenic Pasteur Institute (HPI), the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (HCMR), Biomedical Sciences Re-search Centre "Alexander Fleming" (BSRC Alexander Fleming), the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), the Academy of Athens, the Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens (BRFAA), the National Infrastructures for Research and Technology (GRNET SA), the Greek Atomic Energy Commission, the Patras Science Park (PSP) and the NOESIS Science Center and Museum of Technology.
The purpose of the Council is to coordinate the activities of the aforementioned institutions and to represent them in order to achieve, inter alia, the following objectives:
- Expressing the Council's positions on various topics concerning research, and especially with regard to Research Centers.
- Assisting GSRI and the State in the design and implementation of research policy measures.
- Promoting the positions of the research community in the country and abroad by all appropriate means.
- Promoting the goals and safeguarding the interests of the members of the research community.
- Developing initiatives for the effective interaction of the Research Centers with their social, cultural and economic environment.
Council regulation file: (PDF)